Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So what do ya'll think?

Go down 
+3
Kenscivic
robb86
Peking
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Peking

Peking

Number of posts : 274
Drives: : 2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL, and 2003 Honda CBR600RR
Where do you like to do it? : At Robb's shop!
Registration date : 2006-12-21

So what do ya'll think? Empty
PostSubject: So what do ya'll think?   So what do ya'll think? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2006 11:00 pm

2007 BMW 335i Coupe...

So what do ya'll think? Bmw3coupe

So what do ya'll think? Bmw_3seriescoupe_335i_2007_exterior_2_346x270

So what do ya'll think? Bmw_3seriescoupe_335i_2007_other_9_346x270

So what do ya'll think? Feb17bmw_1

So what do ya'll think? 335i

Performance and Efficiency
3.0-liter dual overhead cam (DOHC), 24-valve inline turbocharged 300-horsepower 6-cylinder engine with twin-turbo technology and Double VANOS steplessly variable valve timing
Electronic throttle control
6-speed manual transmission
Handling, ride and braking
Dynamic Stability Control (DSC), including Brake Fade Compensation, Start-off Assistant, Brake Drying, and Brake Stand-by features, with Dynamic Traction Control (DTC)
Extensive aluminum componentry, including front suspension components (forged-aluminum lower arms, steering knuckle); subframe; steering rack; and brake components
Double-pivot type front and five-link rear suspension
5-link rear suspension with cast-aluminum upper transverse arms
Front and rear anti-roll (stabilizer) bars
Twin-tube gas-pressure shock absorbers
Sport suspension calibration
4-wheel ventilated anti-lock disc brakes with Dynamic Brake Control (DBC)
Engine-speed-sensitive, variable-assist power steering
Exterior
Light-alloy wheels; 17 x 8.0, Star Spoke (Style 185), 225/45R-17 run-flat1 all-season tires
Tire Pressure Monitor
Xenon Adaptive Headlights with auto-leveling
Halogen free-form front foglights
Heated dual power mirrors and heated windshield washer jets
Interior seating
8-way power front seats with 2-way manual headrests and driver memory with 2 pre-sets for seat and exterior mirror positions
Leatherette upholstery
3-spoke leather-wrapped multi-function sport steering wheel with audio and hands-free phone5 controls
Front seatback storage nets
Split fold-down rear seats
Comfort and convenience
Engine Start/Stop button
Automatic climate control – includes micro-filter, automatic air recirculation, left/right temperature control, temperature- and volume-controlled rear outlets, windshield misting sensor, maximum air conditioning, heat at rest, more powerful fan, and recall of individual user settings
2-way power glass moonroof with “one-touch” operation, sliding interior sunshade, and wind deflector
Retractable door storage pockets with covers
Front-seat center armrest with climate-controlled storage compartment
Front passenger cupholders (dashboard-integrated)
Rear-seat with fold-down center armrest with dual cupholders and storage bin with retractable cover
Tilt/telescopic steering wheel column
Power front windows with "one-touch" up/down operation
Dynamic Cruise Control
BMW Ambiance interior lighting along doors and side of rear cabin
Courtesy lights – include fade in/fade out, actuation from remote, automatic switch-on when engine is turned off, separately controlled left/right front and rear reading lights, front footwell lighting, and illuminated vanity mirrors
Ground lighting located in bottom of exterior door handles
Automatic safety belt assistant
Locking glovebox
Electric interior trunk release
Rain-sensing windshield wipers and Automatic headlight control
Pre-wiring for BMW center installation of mobile phone, alarm system
Audio system
Logic7 Surround Sound anti-theft AM/FM stereo CD/MP3 player audio system with 13 upgraded speakers (including 2 subwoofers), Digital Sound Processing (DSP), Radio Data System (RDS), Auto-Store and 3-channel FM diversity antenna; displays MP3 song title and artist
Auxiliary audio input for portable music players located in the center armrest
Pre-wiring for BMW center installation of 6-disc CD/MP3 changer, satellite radio
Instrumentation and Controls
Service Interval Indicator with miles-to-service readout
Check Control vehicle monitor system with pictogram display, oil status display, and Condition Based Service indicator
On-board computer with check control - provides feedback on the vehicle's operating status: oil level indicator and distance to next service appointment/oil change, as well as other detailed information such as spark plug and micro-filter status. It also provides travel information – travel range on remaining fuel, external temperature, and more.
Safety and Security
Anti-lock braking system (ABS)
Adaptive Brake Lights
MRS5 centralized safety control system
Front and rear Head Protection System (HPS)
Automatic safety belt pretensioners and load-limiters at front seating positions
Driver’s and passenger’s front airbag supplemental restraint system (SRS) with “smart” dual-threshold, dual-stage deployment and sensor to help prevent unnecessary passenger’s airbag deployment
Seat-mounted front side-impact airbags
Front passenger seat-occupation recognition with Passenger’s Airbag Off indicator
Interlocking door anchoring system to help protect against door intrusion in side impacts
Central locking system with center console switch (leaves gas filler door unlocked), double-lock feature and 2-step unlocking
Coded Driveaway Protection
Automatic-locking retractors (ALR) on all passenger safety belts for installation of child-restraint seat
LATCH attachments on child-restraint safety installation
Crash sensor that automatically turns on hazard lights and interior lights, and unlocks doors
Programmable daytime running lights
Fiber-optics-based MOST-BUS architecture for safety systems
BMW Ultimate Service™
BMW Ultimate Service is a collection of services that comes with all new BMWs, at no charge, for four years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first. It includes the BMW Maintenance Program, which covers all factory-recommended maintenance and items that need replacement due to normal wear and tear; unlimited-mileage Roadside Assistance; and a New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Last edited by Peking on Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/p_raz
robb86

robb86

Number of posts : 265
Drives: : rrixmr
Where do you like to do it? : in the bushes

PostSubject: Re: So what do ya'll think?   So what do ya'll think? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2006 11:04 pm

Its a nice car, I also looked at beemers when I was in the market, but I just don't see you in it.

Yes, its a beemer.
Yes, you said you wont mod it.

Less worries, maybe so, but the payments will probably be a bit more, insurance will maybe be the same and well I think the maintanance will be expensive.

Once again a coupe, but well this one does have a crap load of more space than the z. However still in the 2door family (ep3:350z:335i)
Back to top Go down
http://robz.i8.com
Peking

Peking

PostSubject: Re: So what do ya'll think?   So what do ya'll think? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2006 11:08 pm

robb86 wrote:
Its a nice car, I also looked at beemers when I was in the market, but I just don't see you in it.

Yeah, though basically 300 HP with 300 TRQ at 1400 RPMS... Beats the Z/STI/EVO there.

Along with 19/29 miles to the gallon, which also beats the Z/STI/EVO.

So if one was going to spend almost 40K for a EVO MR brand new at the beginning of the year... Might as well consider spending 40K for a BMW Very Happy

Besides I am done with mods, and modding.

I want easy, reliable, yet still fun to drive and well if I buy it every where I go I will be wearing a suit Cool

Oh and as far as room it has the Z beat lol. Along with the first 4/5 years or 50K miles BMW does all the services for free.
Back to top Go down
robb86

robb86

PostSubject: Re: So what do ya'll think?   So what do ya'll think? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2006 11:12 pm

Haha, oh gosh on the "suit" comment.
don't get too posh to hang w/ us civic/evo/neon owners.

Whats the reasoning for getting it?
Whats the reasoning for letting the z go?

I'm not against the car or saying evo's are better, simply don't see you in it.
Back to top Go down
Peking

Peking

PostSubject: Re: So what do ya'll think?   So what do ya'll think? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2006 11:19 pm

robb86 wrote:
Haha, oh gosh on the "suit" comment.
don't get too posh to hang w/ us civic/evo/neon owners.
Whats the reasoning for getting it?
Whats the reasoning for letting the z go?
I'm not against the car or saying evo's are better, simply don't see you in it.

LOL, well I was wearing suits at the Carmike Movie theater. Lamar and myself had the most expensive suits/ties. Girls always thought we were both the best dressed Cool So it would be nice to wear those kinds of clothes again lol.

Getting it would just be a change from the Z, something more mature and easier to drive (Z blind spots and only two seats no trunk).

Original reason to letting the Z go was to free up money to move into the city, but now it seems buying a house out in the burbs is more likley and means I can keep around the same car payment. Which is 545 dollars a month for the Z, 245 dollars a month to Wachovia (who I took the loan out for the boost), and then 100 dollars a month for insurance.

So I don't worry about affording a 40K car. Just figure for the long term this would be something better for me while still keeping it fun.

Also people didn't see me driving a Z, or a bike, so this might be the same Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
robb86

robb86

PostSubject: Re: So what do ya'll think?   So what do ya'll think? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2006 11:25 pm

Fair reasoning.
Just go changing on us... well unless you want to.
Back to top Go down
Kenscivic

Kenscivic

Number of posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: So what do ya'll think?   So what do ya'll think? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2006 2:41 am

you are on a slide w/ reliabilty eh? hehehe

go from honda-- decent enough

nissan-- ehh pushing it

german engineering -- fun as fuck on the road but keeping it on the road is hard hehee

but whatever floats your boat jon. i say if you are in the market for a car like this why not just get like a 2003ish m3?
Back to top Go down
robb86

robb86

PostSubject: Re: So what do ya'll think?   So what do ya'll think? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2006 9:43 am

M3 = teh hotness.

I just tend to think people whom drive bmw's think too much of themselves, well at least from my experience.

Can't say that about you tho...
Back to top Go down
Peking

Peking

PostSubject: Re: So what do ya'll think?   So what do ya'll think? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2006 3:41 pm

robb86 wrote:
Fair reasoning.
Just go changing on us... well unless you want to.

Muhaha, chances are I will be trading the Z in for a Nissan Versa hatchback. With the CVT transmission so it shifts automatically upwards so you don’t feel the shift jerk and the car still is under 16K.

Kenscivic wrote:
you are on a slide w/ reliabilty eh? hehehe
go from honda-- decent enough
nissan-- ehh pushing it
german engineering -- fun as fuck on the road but keeping it on the road is hard hehee
but whatever floats your boat jon. i say if you are in the market for a car like this why not just get like a 2003ish m3?

LOL, not a huge fan of the M3’s… Probably cause I can’t afford them lol. Though I am not looking for that, or the extra insurance cost a M series would possibly attach.

Also why knock on German Engineering? BMW’s were something I grew up with overseas and I loved them since I was a kid and it would be cool to own one.

robb86 wrote:
M3 = teh hotness.
I just tend to think people whom drive bmw's think too much of themselves, well at least from my experience.
Can't say that about you tho...

Guess the thing is there are many drivers who can be considered full of themselves. Seems to depend on who you ask, there are forums where they think Acura guys are full of themselves… Civic SI guys are full of themselves, 350Z/G35 owners, EVO/STI owners, BMW/VW owners, etc.

And I can be ok with that lol.
Back to top Go down
Kenscivic

Kenscivic

PostSubject: Re: So what do ya'll think?   So what do ya'll think? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2006 6:59 pm

not knocking, just saying they are known to have kinks. but like i said, very very nice when on the road

If i autox'd iwould definatly look into a bmw
Back to top Go down
giken

giken

Number of posts : 136
Drives: : 2002 Rsx-s
Where do you like to do it? : Outside in the rain

PostSubject: Re: So what do ya'll think?   So what do ya'll think? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2006 10:14 pm

I like the 5 series....
Back to top Go down
Peking

Peking

PostSubject: Re: So what do ya'll think?   So what do ya'll think? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2006 11:34 pm

Kenscivic wrote:
not knocking, just saying they are known to have kinks. but like i said, very very nice when on the road
If i autox'd iwould definatly look into a bmw

Yeah but all cars have their issues lol!

giken wrote:
I like the 5 series....

Oh I do too, but unlike some of my fellow Asians who make 80K+ a year... The poorer Asians like myself have to settle on cheaper LOL.
Back to top Go down
Lucid Moments

Lucid Moments

Number of posts : 331
Drives: : Lauren
Where do you like to do it? : In the road

PostSubject: Re: So what do ya'll think?   So what do ya'll think? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2006 10:26 am

Damn Jon, looking to go big pimp on us huh?

I love beemers. They have always been an awesome car, and in my opinion the 3 series is the best. Of course the M3 is the best of the 3 series, but like you said cost is an issue.

Of course I think you are nuts for trading in the Z, but you and I have talked about my opinion of keeping cars before.
Back to top Go down
Peking

Peking

PostSubject: Re: So what do ya'll think?   So what do ya'll think? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2006 1:07 pm

Lucid Moments wrote:
Damn Jon, looking to go big pimp on us huh?
I love beemers. They have always been an awesome car, and in my opinion the 3 series is the best. Of course the M3 is the best of the 3 series, but like you said cost is an issue.
Of course I think you are nuts for trading in the Z, but you and I have talked about my opinion of keeping cars before.

Def. agreed Mike, though now I have made up my mind... I will be keeping the Z.

Esp. since I now owe a little over 18K (just looked at my most recent statement) on the Z Very Happy

Looks like before next Nopi hopefully I will have added these... Carbonetics Twin Disc Carbon Clutch w/1350kg Pressure Plate (heavier flywheel), Greddy Elec. Boost Controller, and body kit.
Back to top Go down
dingleberry

dingleberry

Number of posts : 59
Drives: : EVO
Where do you like to do it? : In your closet
Registration date : 2006-12-23

PostSubject: Re: So what do ya'll think?   So what do ya'll think? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2006 7:44 pm

I think you should sell the Z and downgrade to a more practical 4-banger like an...

"EVOLUTION". haha. It's a 4banger with lots of practical usage. Plus you get that awesome 100,000 mile warranty which is backed by the best mechanics in the auto industry. But the best part about it is, you get to own a "Mitsubishi". Everyone and their moms know that the quality and reliability of Mitsu's > everything.

Seriously, you have put so much time, effort, and $$$ in your Z. I would hate to let go of something like that.
Back to top Go down
Peking

Peking

PostSubject: Re: So what do ya'll think?   So what do ya'll think? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2006 1:24 am

dingleberry wrote:
I think you should sell the Z and downgrade to a more practical 4-banger like an...
"EVOLUTION". haha. It's a 4banger with lots of practical usage. Plus you get that awesome 100,000 mile warranty which is backed by the best mechanics in the auto industry. But the best part about it is, you get to own a "Mitsubishi". Everyone and their moms know that the quality and reliability of Mitsu's > everything.
Seriously, you have put so much time, effort, and $$$ in your Z. I would hate to let go of something like that.

Muhahahaha, yeah but no mas. I am done, to much money spent... And tired of gas along with where that might be going in the future.

So either a Nissan Versa or Honda fit FTW.
Back to top Go down
robb86

robb86

PostSubject: Re: So what do ya'll think?   So what do ya'll think? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2006 7:33 am

Glad your keeping the z.

You pretty much got the feeling about how I felt about getting rid of it after talking on Saturday night.

Its an uber sexy ride w/ a unique twist (boost!)
Back to top Go down
Peking

Peking

PostSubject: Re: So what do ya'll think?   So what do ya'll think? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2006 7:10 pm

robb86 wrote:
Glad your keeping the z.
You pretty much got the feeling about how I felt about getting rid of it after talking on Saturday night.
Its an uber sexy ride w/ a unique twist (boost!)

Haha, though I changed my mind hence my last post about the Fit or Versa. Car is just to much, but if I do keep the Z I will sell the bike.

Argh... I guess I will make the final decision after New Years.
Back to top Go down
robb86

robb86

PostSubject: Re: So what do ya'll think?   So what do ya'll think? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2006 7:30 pm

oh pooh.
Back to top Go down
Peking

Peking

PostSubject: Re: So what do ya'll think?   So what do ya'll think? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2006 8:33 pm

robb86 wrote:
oh pooh.

It's ok, atleast I won't be driving a Kia muhahaha.

So if I keep the Z, bike will go.

If I part out Z, then trade Z get to keep bike.
Back to top Go down
Kenscivic

Kenscivic

PostSubject: Re: So what do ya'll think?   So what do ya'll think? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2006 11:34 pm

jeez jon, you are more random than me..

If you still have the bike when i get back from italy ill take it off your hands tongue

p.s versa > fit
Back to top Go down
Peking

Peking

PostSubject: Re: So what do ya'll think?   So what do ya'll think? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2006 9:56 pm

Kenscivic wrote:
If you still have the bike when i get back from italy ill take it off your hands tongue
p.s versa > fit

Would you want to buy it back? LOL.

Yes I have noticed lately being more random, and all over the place. Things that I want and want to do keep changing.
Back to top Go down
Kenscivic

Kenscivic

PostSubject: Re: So what do ya'll think?   So what do ya'll think? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2006 2:18 pm

Peking wrote:
Kenscivic wrote:
p.s versa > fit

Would you want to buy it back? LOL.

Yes I have noticed lately being more random, and all over the place. Things that I want and want to do keep changing.

hehehe, i would like to have it back. It really just depends on how much debt i accumulate in italy.

p.s i will give you a call tonight.
Back to top Go down
Peking

Peking

PostSubject: Re: So what do ya'll think?   So what do ya'll think? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2006 12:44 pm

Kenscivic wrote:
hehehe, i would like to have it back. It really just depends on how much debt i accumulate in italy.
p.s i will give you a call tonight.

Got the call, and the text.

Hope to see ya tonight mang.

Also if I get rid of the Z, and pick up the FIT... Then the bike will be getting a new paint job and exhaust Cool
Back to top Go down
Kenscivic

Kenscivic

PostSubject: Re: So what do ya'll think?   So what do ya'll think? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2007 6:29 pm

soooo do you still own the Z or did you sell her?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So what do ya'll think?   So what do ya'll think? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So what do ya'll think?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Southern Folks Forum :: Media-
Jump to: