Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Check out the link about the RSX guys who skipped out...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Peking

Peking

Number of posts : 274
Drives: : 2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL, and 2003 Honda CBR600RR
Where do you like to do it? : At Robb's shop!
Registration date : 2006-12-21

Check out the link about the RSX guys who skipped out... Empty
PostSubject: Check out the link about the RSX guys who skipped out...   Check out the link about the RSX guys who skipped out... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 8:36 pm

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=512381

Also I just wanted to clear up the conversation from earlier where Robb and I were talking about EVO pricing.

The RS MSRP is close to 30 grand (spawned from the talk about the SRT4 having manual windows), and Robb said they are folks who are getting them cheaper... This happens, based on many reasons and is no surprise (well I guess it depends on how much less you can get them at below MSRP)... End of the year and they want to make room (as well make some money cause if the car is sitting there well then it isn't making money).

Harrison stated that the MSRP is higher than what the car is sold at always or something like that, and I do not believe this is always the case since there are so many factors that play a role in the price of a car. For example cars that sell well over the MSRP of the vehicle because of popularity or limited availability.

Such as going with when Mike spoke about supply and demand. As well pricing on the window is not always what is advertised like in the newspaper or internet.

All prices are Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP). MSRP excludes destination and handling charges, tax, title, license, and options. Dealer sets actual price.

MSRP is easily found on all the makers websites as well window stickers, naturally the next charge found right with the MSRP is the Destination and Delievery charge. I pretty much always use this price as my gauge.

My experience is that in all the cars I have seen at the dealerships the window stickers are basically set up the same. Listing the standared features, govn't gas mpg ratings, and the listing of additional options and upgrades that either came with the car or the dealer installed... So then there is that price that is totaled after that. On some car makers websites you can view the actual window sticker when searching their inventory.

And as we all know factors play into the pricing that the dealer sets, so for example it is the end of the year. Dealer is getting ready for the next year model and want to unload the previous years cars. It is pretty common to find them advertise much cheaper pricing and/or offer incentives to sell the vehicles.

So yeah that is nothing new, and we all understand that... This is what I was thinking and talking about today.

What I didn't understand or get was what Harrison was saying about the MSRP being the greater cost or something.

I guess maybe someone else who was there can explain it to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/p_raz
Peking

Peking

PostSubject: Re: Check out the link about the RSX guys who skipped out...   Check out the link about the RSX guys who skipped out... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 8:40 pm

Oh and I am not trying to start anything negative I just want perception on the conversation because I don't want to be confused or give others the wrong idea.
Back to top Go down
Harrison_Faulkner

Harrison_Faulkner

Number of posts : 23
Drives: : Your Mom
Registration date : 2006-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Check out the link about the RSX guys who skipped out...   Check out the link about the RSX guys who skipped out... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 6:50 pm

I just went on toyota.com, and built my truck with all the exact options i have. The website quoted 21,800, while the window sticker on my truck was 19,XXX. Thats what i was referring to at nopi.
Back to top Go down
Lucid Moments

Lucid Moments

Number of posts : 331
Drives: : Lauren
Where do you like to do it? : In the road

PostSubject: Re: Check out the link about the RSX guys who skipped out...   Check out the link about the RSX guys who skipped out... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 7:38 pm

Harrison_Faulkner wrote:
I just went on toyota.com, and built my truck with all the exact options i have. The website quoted 21,800, while the window sticker on my truck was 19,XXX. Thats what i was referring to at nopi.

Hmmm, maybe you meant to post a new thread about this? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Harrison_Faulkner

Harrison_Faulkner

PostSubject: Re: Check out the link about the RSX guys who skipped out...   Check out the link about the RSX guys who skipped out... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 7:42 pm

No, i was replying to Jons mention of what he and I talked about at nopi.

Peking wrote:

What I didn't understand or get was what Harrison was saying about the MSRP being the greater cost or something.

Back to top Go down
Lucid Moments

Lucid Moments

PostSubject: Re: Check out the link about the RSX guys who skipped out...   Check out the link about the RSX guys who skipped out... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 9:30 pm

Harrison_Faulkner wrote:
No, i was replying to Jons mention of what he and I talked about at nopi.

Peking wrote:

Oh, okay. Two month old conversation cheers
Back to top Go down
Harrison_Faulkner

Harrison_Faulkner

PostSubject: Re: Check out the link about the RSX guys who skipped out...   Check out the link about the RSX guys who skipped out... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 9:32 pm

Eh, 6 months since ive been on the board, so sue me, lol.
Back to top Go down
robb86

robb86

Number of posts : 265
Drives: : rrixmr
Where do you like to do it? : in the bushes

PostSubject: Re: Check out the link about the RSX guys who skipped out...   Check out the link about the RSX guys who skipped out... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 8:18 am

hahah What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://robz.i8.com
Lucid Moments

Lucid Moments

PostSubject: Re: Check out the link about the RSX guys who skipped out...   Check out the link about the RSX guys who skipped out... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 9:09 am

Harrison_Faulkner wrote:
Eh, 6 months since ive been on the board, so sue me, lol.

cyclops monkey

You must be out of school for Thanksgiving.
Back to top Go down
Harrison_Faulkner

Harrison_Faulkner

PostSubject: Re: Check out the link about the RSX guys who skipped out...   Check out the link about the RSX guys who skipped out... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 10:09 am

yeah I am. Also, Robb, your site is not very mobile friendly, its like 1.5 meg to load.

Via Treo
Back to top Go down
robb86

robb86

Number of posts : 265
Drives: : rrixmr
Where do you like to do it? : in the bushes

PostSubject: Re: Check out the link about the RSX guys who skipped out...   Check out the link about the RSX guys who skipped out... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 10:26 am

loads fine on the iPhone - hahaha.
Back to top Go down
http://robz.i8.com
Harrison_Faulkner

Harrison_Faulkner

PostSubject: Re: Check out the link about the RSX guys who skipped out...   Check out the link about the RSX guys who skipped out... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 10:49 am

I don't have wi-fi on here, just sprints wireless internet, which has awlays been slow

Via Treo
Back to top Go down
Peking

Peking

PostSubject: Re: Check out the link about the RSX guys who skipped out...   Check out the link about the RSX guys who skipped out... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 4:59 pm

Harrison_Faulkner wrote:

Ah I understand now where you were coming from, I would say or think that on any maker's website that it does not always accuratly reflect when options are added in from the dealer or even from them from the websites.

Though I was referring to that day that pretty much no matter what the MSRP was on any car I wasn't going to pay that for it because I would negotiate my best to get under the MSRP I was aware of for what I wanted... Not saying out the door, but atleast on the car's price before the other fees.

So all in all that day I wasn't following you, but now I do...

I love my Harrison, SHAGGY what... See you this Sunday hoe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Check out the link about the RSX guys who skipped out...   Check out the link about the RSX guys who skipped out... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Check out the link about the RSX guys who skipped out...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Southern Folks Forum :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: