Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This kind of thing really disturbs me

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucid Moments

Lucid Moments

Number of posts : 331
Drives: : Lauren
Where do you like to do it? : In the road
Registration date : 2006-12-21

This kind of thing really disturbs me Empty
PostSubject: This kind of thing really disturbs me   This kind of thing really disturbs me Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 9:20 am

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/05/16/police.beating.ap/index.html

The problem I have with this is not so much that the officer involved may have done what he is accused of. He is a person and subject to making mistakes like any of us, particularly when under the influence of alcohol.

What really bothers me is that his department was trying to cover it up. They obviously believed he did it otherwise they wouldn't have even charged him with the misdemeanor charge.

Its this kind of behavior that makes it hard for me to trust police officers in general. Because I know that if I get on the bad side of one his fellow officers will cover for him regardless of how wrong (or criminal) his actions may be.
Back to top Go down
Peking

Peking

Number of posts : 274
Drives: : 2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL, and 2003 Honda CBR600RR
Where do you like to do it? : At Robb's shop!
Registration date : 2006-12-21

PostSubject: Re: This kind of thing really disturbs me   This kind of thing really disturbs me Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 8:02 pm

Lucid Moments wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/05/16/police.beating.ap/index.html
The problem I have with this is not so much that the officer involved may have done what he is accused of. He is a person and subject to making mistakes like any of us, particularly when under the influence of alcohol.
What really bothers me is that his department was trying to cover it up. They obviously believed he did it otherwise they wouldn't have even charged him with the misdemeanor charge.
Its this kind of behavior that makes it hard for me to trust police officers in general. Because I know that if I get on the bad side of one his fellow officers will cover for him regardless of how wrong (or criminal) his actions may be.

Yeah that whole thing was horrible, and finding out his buddies were trying to cover it up... Even worse, no excuse for that kind of behavior.

I can't say I trust or distrust Police, or anything really since I guess I can't help but think of things at all kinds of angles.

I know that people are good, bad, and in between... I know we all have the capacity to do good one day and something bad the next...

I guess when it comes down to it is how the chips stack up in the end, which side of the scale tips kind of thing. Though how can I know that about someone else, since I don't know what another person does everyday.

Well anyway kinda some of my general thoughts on people.

And going back to the subject, what happened was horrible but the good thing is those douches were exposed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/p_raz
moses187

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-04-18

PostSubject: Re: This kind of thing really disturbs me   This kind of thing really disturbs me Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 6:42 pm

they are human but they also have to lead by example.why should i want to abide by the law(other than the obvious) when they think they are above the law.he gets off this charge then he's bound to do it again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This kind of thing really disturbs me   This kind of thing really disturbs me Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This kind of thing really disturbs me
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Southern Folks Forum :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: