Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Might have my car sold.

Go down 
+4
dingleberry
robb86
Peking
giken
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
giken

giken

Number of posts : 136
Drives: : 2002 Rsx-s
Where do you like to do it? : Outside in the rain
Registration date : 2006-12-21

Might have my car sold. Empty
PostSubject: Might have my car sold.   Might have my car sold. Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 7:27 pm

Hey, I might have my car sold. If I do, I'm gonna need some suggestions on what to get next. I'm looking towards a 4door for baby/family purposes, but I want something that will also be fun to drive. I've thought about an older STI, but the interior doesn't really look up to par. I like the EVO, but everyone seems to already have one of those. I've looked at the TL-s, but that's just too much for what comes with it. I know Jamie would like me to get an S2k, but that's just not that practical.
Back to top Go down
Peking

Peking

Number of posts : 274
Drives: : 2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL, and 2003 Honda CBR600RR
Where do you like to do it? : At Robb's shop!

PostSubject: Re: Might have my car sold.   Might have my car sold. Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 7:36 pm

giken wrote:
Hey, I might have my car sold. If I do, I'm gonna need some suggestions on what to get next. I'm looking towards a 4door for baby/family purposes, but I want something that will also be fun to drive. I've thought about an older STI, but the interior doesn't really look up to par. I like the EVO, but everyone seems to already have one of those. I've looked at the TL-s, but that's just too much for what comes with it. I know Jamie would like me to get an S2k, but that's just not that practical.

Thing about the older STi, they hold their value... So might be better off buying a new one at the end of the year... Like these 07 STI's that will still be sitting there to the beginning of next year.

S2K def. not practical, what about a 2003/2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe/Sedan (coupe does have a back seat)? Coupe is 6 speed RWD, and the 2004 sedan you can get with the similiar AWD system as the last gen Skyline. You can get a G35 for less than the STI's/EVO's, well usually just check them out and compare... Would be easier to mod with aftermarket support than a TL/TSX esp. the coupe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/p_raz
robb86

robb86

Number of posts : 265
Drives: : rrixmr
Where do you like to do it? : in the bushes

PostSubject: Re: Might have my car sold.   Might have my car sold. Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 7:47 pm

Aww, no more rsx.
end of an era.

Honestly... an Evo.
Back to top Go down
http://robz.i8.com
giken

giken

PostSubject: Re: Might have my car sold.   Might have my car sold. Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 8:00 pm

Infiniti's do not seem to hold their value quite as I'd like. I don't like the G35's at all. I just don't like them all that well. I don't like the look of the 07 STI. Keep in mind it's probably going to be a new vehicle. It's my turn to have a new ride cause Jamie just got a new car 2 weeks ago. I really like the EVO's, but Jamie doesn't like it at all. Oh, and I have the go ahead for the recaro baby seat... Yeah...

Might have my car sold. SportFeatures

This is what we plan to get.
Back to top Go down
giken

giken

PostSubject: Re: Might have my car sold.   Might have my car sold. Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 8:01 pm

Oooh, how about the lexus IS350?
Back to top Go down
robb86

robb86

PostSubject: Re: Might have my car sold.   Might have my car sold. Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 8:28 pm

pt cruiser?
Back to top Go down
dingleberry

dingleberry

Number of posts : 59
Drives: : EVO
Where do you like to do it? : In your closet
Registration date : 2006-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Might have my car sold.   Might have my car sold. Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 8:43 pm

IS 350 is def hot! Smile But I think its aimed more toward luxury. EVO all the way. The styling takes a little getting use to but after driving it, you'll gain a better understanding as to why ppl buy them. Laughing
Back to top Go down
robb86

robb86

PostSubject: Re: Might have my car sold.   Might have my car sold. Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 8:47 pm

what he said ^^^^
Back to top Go down
giken

giken

PostSubject: Re: Might have my car sold.   Might have my car sold. Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 10:36 pm

I guess I'll just have to do some test driving. Also have my eye on the Audi's.
Back to top Go down
Fanger

Number of posts : 6
Drives: : Base Auto
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Might have my car sold.   Might have my car sold. Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 1:34 am

Sad sad that you gonna get rid of your car, but i guess it's bout that time anyways. But I like the STi as well. It's kool.
Back to top Go down
Kenscivic

Kenscivic

Number of posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: Might have my car sold.   Might have my car sold. Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 7:51 am

focus svt FTW! :rofl:

but seriously, i agree w/ jon, 07 sti here in a few months.
Back to top Go down
Lucid Moments

Lucid Moments

Number of posts : 331
Drives: : Lauren
Where do you like to do it? : In the road

PostSubject: Re: Might have my car sold.   Might have my car sold. Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 8:20 am

No, you can't get rid of your car. You just won't be Jesse if you do.

But if you do I say you get one of these

Might have my car sold. 2007.mercedes-benz.slr%20mclaren.20118202-396x249
Back to top Go down
Peking

Peking

PostSubject: Re: Might have my car sold.   Might have my car sold. Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 7:19 pm

giken wrote:
Oooh, how about the lexus IS350?

The IS250 and IS350 are very nice looking... But very pricey...

About $36,000 for the IS350, 35K for the IS250 AWD, 32K for the IS250 RWD, and about 31K for the IS250 RWD manual that does not include the bi-xenon HID's (you can get it but for about 3 grand more in a option package).

Though there is some aftermarket for the new IS, but it is very limited.

Just throwing this out there...

2007 Mazdaspeed6 that costs about 29K...

2.3L DOHC 16-valve I4 with Turbo
270 @ 5500 rpm
280 @ 3000 rpm
AWD
6 Speed
Xenon HID's

Might have my car sold. Pho_gallery_MS6_ext1

Might have my car sold. Pho_gallery_MS6_ext9

Might have my car sold. Pho_gallery_MS6_ext11

Actually not that bad looking, and you could negotiate this better than a EVO/STI I betcha. Along with there is aftermarket support too since the Mazda6 has been round for a couple of years now.
Back to top Go down
giken

giken

PostSubject: Re: Might have my car sold.   Might have my car sold. Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 9:08 pm

I have thought about the Mazda6, but the wife is very picky one what I can get. So far she still wants me to get the s2k...
Back to top Go down
Peking

Peking

PostSubject: Re: Might have my car sold.   Might have my car sold. Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 10:34 pm

giken wrote:
I have thought about the Mazda6, but the wife is very picky one what I can get. So far she still wants me to get the s2k...

Thing that sucks about the S2K is the price tag... If Honda sold them at 28K new instead of the 32-34K they been trying to sell them at over the years... They would be selling many more and be even more popular then they already are...

It is common to see at the end of the year Honda dealers selling new S2K's well below the MSRP.

So going along with that is the speculations that the S2K will be scrapped soon.

If you are going for the 2 door convertible...

The 2007 Nissan 350Z Convertible is a good comparison.

2007 Honda S2000 Standered Version $34,250
2.2 Liters Inline 4
237 Hp
162 Trq
City 20 Mpg
Hwy 26 Mpg
13.2 Gallon Tank
City Range 264 miles
Hwy Range 343 miles

2007 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast Version $35,550
3.5 Liters V6
306 Hp
268 Trq
City 19 Mpg
Hwy 26 Mpg
20.0 Gallon Tank
City Range 380 miles
Hwy Range 520 miles

Sure the Z is almost 700 lbs heavier but you are also getting alot of things the S2000 doesn't have... Like Bi-Xenon HID's, and a whole list of stuff I don't want to list...

Check out www.nissanusa.com and check out the comparison on both.
Back to top Go down
robb86

robb86

PostSubject: Re: Might have my car sold.   Might have my car sold. Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 7:25 am

E V O
E V O
E V O
E V O
E V O
Back to top Go down
giken

giken

PostSubject: Re: Might have my car sold.   Might have my car sold. Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 6:31 pm

Yes Robb, I wouldn't mind the EVO, but the wife also has to approve and she definately does not approve of the EVO or the STI. I haven't showed her the Mazdaspeed6 yet. And uh, the S2k I can get close to $30k out the door. It is pricey, but they also hold their value. The 350z is everywhere. I don't like the look of the vert and the coupe has too many blind spots. Remember I drove yours after you forced the keys in my hand.
Back to top Go down
Peking

Peking

PostSubject: Re: Might have my car sold.   Might have my car sold. Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 7:44 pm

giken wrote:
I don't like the look of the vert and the coupe has too many blind spots. Remember I drove yours after you forced the keys in my hand.

Ah it is true, takes a lot of getting used to... The convertable is pretty sweet with the top down.
Back to top Go down
giken

giken

PostSubject: Re: Might have my car sold.   Might have my car sold. Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 8:30 pm

Well, I might still have the car a little longer since someone else is selling theirs for a lower price than me. Even though he has almost 100k miles. Oh well, one day it will be sold.
Back to top Go down
dingleberry

dingleberry

Number of posts : 59
Drives: : EVO
Where do you like to do it? : In your closet
Registration date : 2006-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Might have my car sold.   Might have my car sold. Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 9:55 pm

giken wrote:
Well, I might still have the car a little longer since someone else is selling theirs for a lower price than me. Even though he has almost 100k miles. Oh well, one day it will be sold.
Did you have it listed on Autotrader?

With the amount of work and time you invested in that car, whoever let off on the deal is losing out.
Back to top Go down
giken

giken

PostSubject: Re: Might have my car sold.   Might have my car sold. Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 9:42 pm

I'm not posting it on autotrader. If I sell it, I sell it. If not, I'll keep it. It's a good reliable car. I just figure if I sell it, I want the person that gets it to be someone that I know. I know they'll be getting a good car cause I don't think I've really ragged it out. The engine is sound and I know it's never been in any bodyshop. It won't hurt me to keep the car. I can always make it a daily driver one day.
Back to top Go down
giken

giken

PostSubject: Re: Might have my car sold.   Might have my car sold. Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 4:48 pm

Oh, I showed Jamie the Mazdaspeed3. She likes that even more than the 6... I kinda like it. 4doors, boost, LSD. Only downside is that it's only FWD.
Back to top Go down
Fanger

PostSubject: Re: Might have my car sold.   Might have my car sold. Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 6:22 pm

giken wrote:
I'm not posting it on autotrader. If I sell it, I sell it. If not, I'll keep it. It's a good reliable car. I just figure if I sell it, I want the person that gets it to be someone that I know. I know they'll be getting a good car cause I don't think I've really ragged it out. The engine is sound and I know it's never been in any bodyshop. It won't hurt me to keep the car. I can always make it a daily driver one day.

Jesse is saving it until I can afford it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Peking

Peking

PostSubject: Re: Might have my car sold.   Might have my car sold. Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 6:55 pm

giken wrote:
Oh, I showed Jamie the Mazdaspeed3. She likes that even more than the 6... I kinda like it. 4doors, boost, LSD. Only downside is that it's only FWD.

Yeah that is the only down side to that... But for someone who is used to FWD like youself maybe it isn't a serious issue when not getting the car.

I was checking them out as well, seem very nice and pretty good looking. Along with if you get the GRAND TOURING Version it has HID's, or if you get the SPORT you can always buy the HID kit and install it yourself.

Might have my car sold. 07.mazda.mazdaspeed3.int.500

Might have my car sold. 07.mazda.mazdaspeed3.f34.500

Might have my car sold. 07.mazda.mazdaspeed3.act.3.500

Might have my car sold. 07.mazda.mazdaspeed3.shifter.500
Back to top Go down
Fanger

PostSubject: Re: Might have my car sold.   Might have my car sold. Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 12:15 am

Peking wrote:
giken wrote:

Yeah that is the only down side to that... But for someone who is used to FWD like youself maybe it isn't a serious issue when not getting the car.

I was checking them out as well, seem very nice and pretty good looking. Along with if you get the GRAND TOURING Version it has HID's, or if you get the SPORT you can always buy the HID kit and install it yourself.

ewww........just kidding. it starts to grow on you after looking at it for a while but it still look like a wagon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Might have my car sold.   Might have my car sold. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Might have my car sold.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Southern Folks Forum :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: