Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Made an offer on a house

Go down 
+2
robb86
Lucid Moments
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lucid Moments

Lucid Moments

Number of posts : 331
Drives: : Lauren
Where do you like to do it? : In the road
Registration date : 2006-12-21

Made an offer on a house Empty
PostSubject: Made an offer on a house   Made an offer on a house Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 1:26 pm

Made a formal offer today. They were asking $174,900 and I offered $155,000. Should be interesting to see what happens. The house is a foreclosure, but was built in 2005 so it isn't very old and is in good shape. The bank that foreclosed is in to it for $125,800 (real estate transactions are public record) so I'm giving them a very reasonable profit on it. They have until 5pm tomorrow to respond to my offer so we'll see what happens.
Back to top Go down
robb86

robb86

Number of posts : 265
Drives: : rrixmr
Where do you like to do it? : in the bushes

PostSubject: Re: Made an offer on a house   Made an offer on a house Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 3:36 pm

Thats SWEET, Mike!

Where's it located at?
House PARTTTTY at MIKES PADDDD!

# Rooms, Baths, Garages?

Is this one of the ones you liked and were talking about on Sunday?
Back to top Go down
http://robz.i8.com
Lucid Moments

Lucid Moments

PostSubject: Re: Made an offer on a house   Made an offer on a house Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 3:52 pm

I haven't seen this one before last night. 3 bedroom, 2 bath, unfinished bonus room two car garage. Two story on a slab with the Master suite on the main floor. Just over half an acre lot. City water and a septic tank.

Here is the listing on Realestate.com

http://beta.re.com/ListingsWeb/Listings/1682127/PropertyDetails.aspx?ESOURCEID=220728
Back to top Go down
Peking

Peking

Number of posts : 274
Drives: : 2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL, and 2003 Honda CBR600RR
Where do you like to do it? : At Robb's shop!

PostSubject: Re: Made an offer on a house   Made an offer on a house Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 6:15 pm

Hopefully they will take it! Then you have to have me over to "Bless the house" Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/p_raz
Lucid Moments

Lucid Moments

PostSubject: Re: Made an offer on a house   Made an offer on a house Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 2:23 pm

I heard back from them finally. They countered with $168,000 plus they want me to put up $2k in earnest money instead of the $1k that I have already put up.

So what I think I'm going to do is counter back at them. They came down basically $7k so I'll come up $7k and say $162,000 but since they asked for a concession on my part (additional earnest money) I'm going to ask them for a warranty on all the major mechanical systems (Heating and air, plumbing and electrical). I'll have a home inspection done too of course, but this will cover me in case the inspector misses anything.
Back to top Go down
Peking

Peking

PostSubject: Re: Made an offer on a house   Made an offer on a house Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 4:51 pm

Lucid Moments wrote:
I heard back from them finally. They countered with $168,000 plus they want me to put up $2k in earnest money instead of the $1k that I have already put up. So what I think I'm going to do is counter back at them. They came down basically $7k so I'll come up $7k and say $162,000 but since they asked for a concession on my part (additional earnest money) I'm going to ask them for a warranty on all the major mechanical systems (Heating and air, plumbing and electrical). I'll have a home inspection done too of course, but this will cover me in case the inspector misses anything.

Sounds like a sound negotiation.

Do you personally know a home inspector? Or are you just going to find one from the yellow pages/internet?
Back to top Go down
Lucid Moments

Lucid Moments

PostSubject: Re: Made an offer on a house   Made an offer on a house Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 6:24 pm

Peking wrote:
Lucid Moments wrote:
I heard back from them finally. They countered with $168,000 plus they want me to put up $2k in earnest money instead of the $1k that I have already put up. So what I think I'm going to do is counter back at them. They came down basically $7k so I'll come up $7k and say $162,000 but since they asked for a concession on my part (additional earnest money) I'm going to ask them for a warranty on all the major mechanical systems (Heating and air, plumbing and electrical). I'll have a home inspection done too of course, but this will cover me in case the inspector misses anything.

Sounds like a sound negotiation.

Do you personally know a home inspector? Or are you just going to find one from the yellow pages/internet?

I don't know one. I'll use one my realtor is recommending. He supposedly is a hardass, but since the realtor doesn't get paid until the deal closes then I really wonder how bad any of them are.
Back to top Go down
dj addicted

dj addicted

Number of posts : 31
Drives: : a car
Where do you like to do it? : anywhere and everywhere
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Made an offer on a house   Made an offer on a house Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 11:26 am

that would be a good counter offer Mike. Hopefully all will go well!!
Back to top Go down
Lucid Moments

Lucid Moments

PostSubject: Update   Made an offer on a house Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 9:34 pm

Update

Last deal fell through. More me than them, but it just wasn't what I really wanted.

Good news is that I think I found a much nicer (for me) place. Its a place where the owner died (of old age at the hospital) and the heirs are selling. They were originally asking 199,900, but recently have come down to 174,900.

I'm offering their asking price, but asking that they leave all furniture and appliances. I have a lot of my own stuff, but this place is bigger than mine so needs more furniture. I'll get rid of some of it, but will write that off on my taxes. Plus since they have already come down $25k I didn't think they would come down much if any further.

Here is a link to the house on realestate.com

http://beta.re.com/ListingsWeb/Listings/1033296/PropertyDetails.aspx
Back to top Go down
dj addicted

dj addicted

PostSubject: Re: Made an offer on a house   Made an offer on a house Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 8:33 am

wow Mike.. good size house. you had BETTER have a pool table on that bottom floor. That would also be cool if you could get it furnished. Good luck with this one!!!
Back to top Go down
Lucid Moments

Lucid Moments

PostSubject: Re: Made an offer on a house   Made an offer on a house Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 4:28 pm

Heard back from them. They are going to take my offer except they want to keep "some" of the furniture for personal reasons. I kind of expected that. Their realtor is going to meet them over there this evening to go over the specific items they want to keep and I should hear something back tomorrow.

So its likely that by the end of this month I'll be a homeowner.
Back to top Go down
dj addicted

dj addicted

PostSubject: Re: Made an offer on a house   Made an offer on a house Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 4:36 pm

you mean HOMOwner... lol
Back to top Go down
Lucid Moments

Lucid Moments

PostSubject: Re: Made an offer on a house   Made an offer on a house Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 4:49 pm

dj addicted wrote:
you mean HOMOwner... lol

Which HOMO am I going to own? Maybe one named Brian (or is it Bryan)? I hear he's really sweet geek
Back to top Go down
dj addicted

dj addicted

PostSubject: Re: Made an offer on a house   Made an offer on a house Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 4:51 pm

shhhh don't tell John you are cheating on him!!!
Back to top Go down
robb86

robb86

PostSubject: Re: Made an offer on a house   Made an offer on a house Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 4:51 pm

HAHAHA.

Congrats MIKE!
HOOOOUUUUSSSSSEEEE PAAAARRRRTTTTYYYYYY!
Back to top Go down
Lucid Moments

Lucid Moments

PostSubject: Re: Made an offer on a house   Made an offer on a house Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 5:35 pm

robb86 wrote:
HAHAHA.

Congrats MIKE!

Don't even play like ya'll are going to make it up to the north(east)side. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Peking

Peking

PostSubject: Re: Made an offer on a house   Made an offer on a house Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 7:42 pm

Lucid Moments wrote:
robb86 wrote:
HAHAHA.
Congrats MIKE!
Don't even play like ya'll are going to make it up to the north(east)side. Rolling Eyes

I would, lets do a fire pit!
Back to top Go down
Lucid Moments

Lucid Moments

PostSubject: Re: Made an offer on a house   Made an offer on a house Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 6:33 pm

So looks like it is a done deal. Haggling over some details now, but nothing major. Probably close before the end of the month, and be in sometime after the 1st.

Oh, and Jon, no fire pit. It has a nice yard and you can't fuck it up. Smile
Back to top Go down
dj addicted

dj addicted

PostSubject: Re: Made an offer on a house   Made an offer on a house Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 6:54 pm

Lucid Moments wrote:
So looks like it is a done deal. Haggling over some details now, but nothing major. Probably close before the end of the month, and be in sometime after the 1st.

awesome bro!!!! Glad to hear it.
Back to top Go down
Peking

Peking

PostSubject: Re: Made an offer on a house   Made an offer on a house Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 7:07 pm

Lucid Moments wrote:

Oh well, also congrats mang!
Back to top Go down
Lucid Moments

Lucid Moments

PostSubject: Re: Made an offer on a house   Made an offer on a house Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 3:26 pm

Appraisal came in for $190,000 woot woot. So I'll make money when I close on it cheers

Seriously though, day by day I get closer to closing. Closing is scheduled for 05/31/07. farao
Back to top Go down
Peking

Peking

PostSubject: Re: Made an offer on a house   Made an offer on a house Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 6:44 pm

CONGRATS!!!
Back to top Go down
Lucid Moments

Lucid Moments

PostSubject: Re: Made an offer on a house   Made an offer on a house Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 4:19 pm

Well its official, the house is mine as of today. Lauren will get to go park in a garage tonight Smile

Can't get the cable hooked up until this weekend though so I'll be staying in the condo until then, but should be fully moved in by next week.

Plus I have my condo sold. Closing on that is set for the end of this month so I'm good there too.
Back to top Go down
dj addicted

dj addicted

PostSubject: Re: Made an offer on a house   Made an offer on a house Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 4:24 pm

wow Mike!! thats completely awesome!!! Seems like all the dates worked out perfectly.. minus the cable. Also glad to hear that deal with your condo is going through also.
Back to top Go down
robb86

robb86

PostSubject: Re: Made an offer on a house   Made an offer on a house Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 4:45 pm

Congrats old man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Made an offer on a house   Made an offer on a house Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Made an offer on a house
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Southern Folks Forum :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: